Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Family Reunion

For both of the folks who read this blog, you've noticed I've been "out of the office" for a couple weeks. I was back home in North Carolina for a family reunion. Hot, humid and fun. It was nice to see family I haven't seen in years and see the old hometown.

I got reaquainted with the local wildlife

We went to Wrightsville and I got to give surf lessons to some of the cousins. 82 degree water felt like heaven in spite of the fact that there were no waves. The lack of surf made it a lot easier for me to not ditch the kids and surf myself, I'm not much for teaching surfing, snowboarding is a lot easier for me to give lessons for some reason, I taught almost all the kids in this picture to snowboard a few years back and that was much easier process.

The knee-high waves on the outside were a little scary for this guy so he hung out in the ankle-high whitewater and kneeboarded. For all the NC locals, don't worry about any extra people in the lineup because of this lesson, they're all from the midwest. We might get a couple extra great lakes surfers from this though!

No comments: